Long-term Plan Templates
With the Primary Planning Tool, you can now collaborate on Long-term Plan templates with colleagues from the same class level. With this feature, multiple teachers can create one Long-term Plan template for a class level. Each teacher can then create individual Short-term Plans and Cuntais Míosúla based on this template. You have the option of creating templates from scratch or basing them on previously archived Long-term Plans.
Accessing Long-term Plan Templates
- To access the template dashboard, select the Templates button located under my account.
- This will bring you into the Templates dashboard where you will be able to filter each template based on the class level they were created for.
- You will also see the status option.
- In order to access certain templates, you must have been a contributor to the creation of the template. You can, however, access these templates as long as the creators have granted school wide access.
- To create a new Long-term Plan template select the Create New button. This will automatically bring you into the correct dashboard.
Setting up your new Long-term Plan Template
- Begin creating the new Long-term Plan by entering in your title.
- Next, select the class levels that you wish to incorporate into your Long-term Plan
Choosing your Starting Point
- Now it is time to choose select a starting point for creating this new template. You have a couple of options here.
- Start with a blank document: Choose this option if you are looking to create a new template completely from scratch. A good example of when to create a new LTP template would be if you are collaborating with colleagues from a new class level for the first time.
- Use an existing plan: Select this option if you would like to create a template based on a previously created Long-term Plan. You should create a template if you wish to give a colleague access to a class plan.
- After you have chosen your starting point, you need to select who you would like to give access to this template.
- There is no limit on the number of colleagues who can be given access to this template, however, it is recommended that only those collaborating on the plan should have access during the editing phase.
- Once you have selected your starting point, click the Setup button to continue onto the planning dashboard and start adding curriculum content to your template.